Since the first package store opened in 1966, we have been successful many times in the legislative arena.
Listed below are some of our accomplishments:
We have Passed Legislation That Allowed
- wholesale permits
- off premise catering to serve alcohol
- the ability to stay open on election day
- package stores to sell soft drinks, ice, juice, mixers and other items
- the repeal of the "tied House" laws, and allowed our industry the ability to advertise and to have a glass store front
We have Defeated Legislation That
- would allow grocery stores to have more that one permit
- would allow wine sales in grocery stores
- would allow "Privatization" of wines in Mississippi
- would increase the tax on wine and spirits.